Preparedness is an important ingredient for successful travel.
Many programs require pre-departure orientations that provide significant information about resources, requirements, safety and security while traveling to a specific destination. Additional online modules addressing common concerns will continue to be added on pertinent topics for all travelers.
Pre-departure orientations are required for all undergraduates and are coordinated by the program sponsor. Contact your program sponsor for specific pre-departure training and orientations applicable to your planned travel.
Faculty leading programs are required to attend health and safety orientations as well as a budget and finance workshop both of which are scheduled regularly.
The Global Experience Office, University Health and Counseling Services, Student Affairs, WeCare and Public Safety all contribute to training offerings.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Read and understand the Northeastern University Policy on International Travel.
- Familiarize yourself with Northeastern’s policy on export controls.
- Attend all required program pre-departure orientations and safety training.
- Enter your travel itinerary on My Travel Plans, also called the Northeastern Travel Registry. This is a critical aspect to international travel and is in place to support all travelers with a robust set of travel support services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Determine if the university considers your destination high risk. If so, submit Exception Petition and receive permission from the Provost to travel to a “high-risk” destination.
- Follow the checklist and policies prepared by your program.
- Sign and submit required waivers.
Update your emergency contact and FERPA information in MyNEU portal.
Whether on campus or abroad, Northeastern is dedicated to data protection and takes cybersecurity...
As part of the university’s commitment to expanding its global engagement along with furthering...
When students travel abroad individually, such as for co-op, study abroad, or research, they are...