Stay Safe While Traveling

The Northeastern Global Safety and Support Network provides travelers with referrals for local healthcare service providers, travel warnings, and emergency assistance services 24-hours a day. They also provide a wealth of information that will assist in pre-travel planning.

View Resources

High-Risk Travel Due to COVID-19 Pandemic

In light of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Northeastern University considers all potential university travel to be high-risk. Therefore, until further notice, travelers are required to seek and obtain approval via petition or acknowledgment of risk form.

Travel Registration

Northeastern University requires all students, faculty, and staff to enter their travel itinerary and housing accommodations into “My Travel Plans”, also called the travel registry. You can access the registry through “My Travel Plans” in the myNortheastern portal or directly via the GardaWorld Travel Security portal.

The university suggests travelers also register all side-trip itineraries, especially those that involve overnight accommodations away from the program destination.

Travel Registry

Travel Compliance

Preparedness is an important ingredient for successful travel.

Many programs require pre-departure orientations that provide significant information about resources, requirements, safety and security while traveling to a specific destination. Additional online modules addressing common concerns will continue to be added on pertinent topics for all travelers.

Pre-departure orientations are required for all undergraduates and are coordinated by the program sponsor. Contact your program sponsor for specific pre-departure training and orientations applicable to your planned travel.

Faculty leading programs are required to attend health and safety orientations as well as a budget and finance workshop both of which are scheduled regularly.

Featured Resources

Side Trip Guidance

Side Trip Guidance

As part of the university’s commitment to expanding its global engagement along with furthering the safety and security of those on university...

Student Housing Guidelines

Student Housing Guidelines

When students travel abroad individually, such as for co-op, study abroad, or research, they are generally responsible for selecting and arranging...

Using Your Cellphone Abroad

Using Your Cellphone Abroad

Before you buy a new SIM card, make sure that your phone will work in your destination country. Your phone will need to support 900 and 1800 MHz...

Contact Us

Please get in touch if you need assistance with International Travel.