There are many policies, procedures and guidelines that assist travelers gain access to the benefits associated with traveling on a Northeastern University program.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Read and understand the Northeastern University Policy on Travel to High-Risk & Sanctioned Destinations.
- Familiarize yourself with Northeastern’s policy on export controls.
- Attend all required program pre-departure orientations and safety training.
- Enter your travel itinerary on My Travel Plans, also called the Northeastern Travel Registry. This is a critical aspect to international travel and is in place to support all travelers with a robust set of travel support services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Determine if the university considers your destination high risk. If so, submit Individual Petition for Student International Travel and receive permission from the Provost to travel to a “high-risk” destination.
- Follow the checklist and policies prepared by your program.
- Sign and submit required waivers.
- Update your emergency contact and FERPA information in MyNEU portal.